Sr. Program Manager
We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager who will create, manage and drive the detailed planning and execution of new Consumer medical products and product enhancements to deliver products on time, in scope and in budget. The qualified candidate must be experienced in Consumer Medical Device, Hardware & Software and Apps project management and must be able to demonstrate successful project management of complex projects involving multi-disciplinary cross functional teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with guiding the business and program scope to ensure program team understands the key success criteria for the overall program.
- Accountable for identifying all supporting projects that roll up to the program, and for creating a detailed product delivery plan that can be executed by the project teams to deliver new products or improvements to existing products to market on time.
- Identifies and acquires key stakeholders and committed resources for the program/projects (including outside vendors) and gains commitment from these key stakeholders/resources/teams to be accountable for delivering on time and within scope.
- Drives the program/project teams to get to scope and schedule baselines and tracks against these baselines to ensure successful delivery of the program/project.
- Communicates major issues, scope changes, schedule changes, project risks and major decisions that impact the successful delivery of the program.
- Laser focused on delivering to all committed milestones and holds the program/project team accountable for these commitments.
- Carefully manages risk across the program/project throughout the product development life cycle to ensure product delivers to market on time and within scope.
- Communicates regularly with program/project teams, peers, management and upper management to set expectations and remain in alignment with key stakeholders and the broader organization on the status of the program.
- Keeps the program/project team organized and on track for effective implementation and delivery and implements process improvements where there are inefficiencies in the implementation process.
- Creative, adaptive and flexible thinking to implement to a committed timeline when plans do not go as expected.
- Follow up continuously to ensure cross functional program/project teams are delivering to their commitments
- BS or BA degree in engineering/science or a related field, with 7-10+ years of Project Management experience for Consumer medical device product development
- 7-10+ years’ experience managing Consumer medical device, Hardware and Software projects
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading technical product development teams that integrate core team disciplines of mechanical engineering for dynamic systems, electrical engineering, software app and embedded software systems for high volume Consumer products.
- Complete understanding of the Product development process and the Software life cycle and the interactions within Sales and Marketing, Material Planning, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, R&D Engineering and Manufacturing/Operations.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Design Control. Familiar with design and test documents, requirements and procedures, new product and process validations, test specifications, BOM and engineering change orders and their associated quality implications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with project management and office productivity Tools and Systems.
- Superior interpersonal, management, and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to forge strong interdisciplinary relationships and influence others.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to form good relationships with a variety of personalities, ability to influence others and change the thinking of or gain the acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- PMP Certified
- Agile/ Scrum certification a plus