Senior Data Scientist
We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build insights and provide recommendations via our platform to moms everywhere. Reporting to the VP of Data Science & Analytics, the candidate will be responsible for understanding all the data we collect in the company to provide actionable, meaningful and engaging insights to all of our customers and make a difference in their lives.
What you will be doing:
- Architect and implement a personalized experience for our moms by leveraging all the information and customer data we collect.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software centered around heuristic and machine learning models.
- Work closely with Product and Commercial team while implementing and releasing your models to understand user motivations and stay aligned to business goals.
- Communicate complex analyses and insights to a broad range of partners.
- Execute cohort studies and drive analyses to understand customer behavior and identify opportunities for improving our product(s).
- Work with the Engineering teams to improve the overall data model and data quality.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of consumer facing data science experience. Healthcare experience preferred. 10-15 years of total work experience expected.
- 2+ years of distributed systems experience.
- B.S. degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a similar quantitative field.
- Quick learner – has demonstrated experience implementing and learning new systems and languages (Python, C, Java etc) in the past.
- Independent thinker and owner of deliverables. Cherishes freedom to make your own decisions in alignment with customer needs and corporate goals.
- Likes to move quickly, learn and iterate towards the final goal.
- Proficient in building and rolling out logic into production (including working with source control systems like Git).
- Expert in using SQL & Python for statistics and data analysis.
- Basic understanding of Machine learning, deep learning frameworks and related tools (TensorFlow, Keras etc).
- Background in linear algebra and/or statistics is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, AWS or IBM Cloud to use/deploy analytics resources.
- Experience with developing software targeting Unix/Linux, Mac OS X or other POSIX environments.
- Experience with A/B testing is a big plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, data and software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Location – Mountain View preferred. Open to remote locations based on seniority.