Backend Software Architect / DevOps Engineer
We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Backend Software Architect / Cloud DevOps Engineer will architect, develop and integrate key components of Willow’s backend software systems, and will deploy and support operations of Willow’s backend software system in the cloud. The backend software system is used to send/receive data to/from Willow’s app and pump, collect/deliver data to/from various 3rd party systems, and provide smart, data-driven product features. The position reports to the Director of Backend Software Engineering in Mountain View and will work closely with a team of software engineers located in Bangalore, India. Portions of the backend software will eventually become a medical software system, therefore experience in FDA-compliant software development processes is highly desired.
- Architect, prototype, develop, test and maintain complex software systems including App Services, REST APIs, Mongo DB, Pub-Sub/Kafka, Big Data DBs, Authentication/Security.
- Participate in software development projects using an Agile process and tools (JIRA/Confluence).
- Develop software scripts for deploying and upgrading the backend software system in the cloud.
- Support the operation of the backend software system built in the cloud, achieving high reliability.
- Follow defined medical software design control and software lifecycle processes where required.
- Work collaboratively with QA/RA and Data Analytics on verification/validation and testing.
- Propose design concepts and develop proof of concepts for next generation products.
- 7+ years of experience in software design and development.
- 2+ years of experience in devops engineering for cloud deployments.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar.
- Proven track record of designing, developing and maintaining complex software systems.
- Expert in software deployment, devops and scalability/manageability in the cloud or datacenter.
- Expert in design/development of integration services using REST APIs and JSON data.
- Expert in one of Google, AWS or Azure cloud platforms, preferably Google.
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycles and tools.
- Experience with Salesforce development and integrations desirable.
- Experience with medical device data collection and delivery systems desirable.
- Experience with data-mining and smart, data-driven product concepts desirable.