Vice President of HR
We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Willow Pump is looking for a seasoned HR expert who will manage the HR function and support a wide range of human resources activities and programs including employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, staffing, leadership and development. This role will be responsible for leading all areas of human resources including talent acquisition and management, total rewards, employment-related recognition and branding, organizational design, and related compliance. This is a challenging, hands-on individual contributor opportunity which will be ideal for a seasoned Vice President of HR seeking an opportunity to play an integral role in managing and growing a dynamic, fast-paced business.
- Serve as a trusted business partner with executive management and cross-functional leaders to support short and long term strategies and objectives.
- Collaborate with the executive team and cross-functional leaders to ensure that Willow’s values are demonstrated daily and that we’re building a positive, high performing, collaborative and solutions focused culture.
- Collaborate with executive management to develop and maintain all aspects of Willow Pump’s total rewards programs including cash compensation, benefits, equity and other incentives. Ensure competitive and cost effective programs are maintained for optimum employee benefit.
- Develop and execute the Willow Pump’s talent acquisition process, using cost effective strategies to rapidly fill positions with high-caliber candidates as required.
- Develop appropriate employee training and development programs as necessary.
- Recommend and implement HR systems while ensuring scalability for continued growth and complexity.
- Design and implement human resources policies and procedures in alignment with Willow Pump’s corporate objectives and commercial strategies.
- Ensure compliance to employment laws as it relates to federal, state and local regulations.
- Organize, promote and deliver corporate programs and events to ensure strong employee communication and celebrations when appropriate.
- Work closely with the executive team to prepare Board of Directors and Compensation Committee communications as needed.
- Provide counsel regarding human resource and employee issues to all levels of management and employees. Assist in employee dispute resolution, with key attention to legal and ethical considerations, and a goal of maintaining positive employee morale.
- Balance strategic responsibilities with day- to-day tactical responsibilities along with commitment to continuous improvement to adapt as the business grows and scales.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Administration or related fields (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of 15 years in a Business partner/HR generalist role.
- Advanced education including a master’s degree, SHRM-SCP and/or SPHR certifications are preferred.
- Experience working in a technology/ med device start-up or high-growth stage company is preferred.
- Proven success as a leader in a fast-paced, start up environment developing the HR infrastructure and best practices is preferred.
- Must have a strong HR generalist background across all disciplines including culture shaping and building, talent acquisition, performance management, compensation and recognition, benefits, organizational design, employee relations, employment law, and HR compliance.
- An understanding of the principles around equity compensation are preferred.
- Must have a working, up-to-date knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
- Demonstrated success in identifying problems and implementing solutions for day-to-day organizational issues.
- Must have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills, combining clarity of expression and an ability to connect with people at all levels of the organization. Ability to build relationships across diverse employee base and the ability to interact and coordinate company -wide activities with other HR functions.
- Evidence of leadership and a management style characterized by vision, teamwork, preparation, organization, communication and negotiation. Successful management of relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at prioritizing needs in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable working with all levels of employees and be willing to provide critical feedback and lead managers and employees through difficult situations.
- Must have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, relying on extensive experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Possess strong business acumen developed through broad skill/experience base; experience with administration/deployment of HR policies and practices and experience interpreting, modifying and implementing corporate policies.