Senior Mechanical Engineer
Date Posted: March 26, 2019
We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a seasoned mechanical engineer with at least 7 years of experience in mechanical product design. Qualified candidates will have experience shipping consumer and/or medical products, mechanism design, production design, and manufacturing methods. In addition, empathy for the FDA regulatory, clinical, and quality systems is important.
What you will do:
- Be a member of R&D Team and report directly to the Director of R&D
- Manage outside partners – e.g. engineers, technicians, design consultants, suppliers
- Lead and be active member/participant/doer of product development teams from early research stages through product implementation in manufacturing and launch
- Support and execute R&D plans for each product development stage
- Be in close collaboration with all functions in the organization – marketing, regulatory, quality, manufacturing
- Participate and lead activities, including:
– Concept ideation and intellectual property development
– Design development with sketching and advanced CAD
– Iterative prototyping, testing, and materials selection
– Reliability and design validation testing (DVT)
- Have experience in the transfer of designs to manufacturing to resolve any critical design and manufacturing challenges
- Be located in Mountain View, CA and will require domestic and international travel
Who we are looking for:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited BS or MS Mechanical Engineering program.
- Greater than 7 years in product development engineering experience
- Multiple successful experiences leading and driving products from concept through development to manufacturing and product launch
DESIGN and MANUFACTURING
- Experience in design of molded plastics, mechanisms, electronics packaging a plus.
- Development of complex electro-mechanical mechanisms in constrained volumes. Integration of electronic and mechanical components, user interface design and industrial design
- Expertise with advanced features in SolidWorks, including surfacing, design for injection molding and master model integration
- Familiarity with geometric tolerancing and ANSI documentation
- Practical knowledge of a variety of manufacturing process, particularly the design for manufacturing in high volume, COGS sensitive products – injection molding, stamping, etc.
- Effective collaborator and member of cross-functional project teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to a technical audience.
- Self-driven, organized and good with time management.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, cross-functional environment.
- Project management skills.