Senior Data Engineer
We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build frameworks and pipelines for business critical applications including providing Insights & Recommendations via our platform to moms everywhere. Reporting to the VP of Data Science & Analytics, the candidate will be responsible for building the engineering frameworks for Supply Chain, Datawarehousing, A/B testing and delivering actionable, meaningful and engaging insights to all of our customers and make a difference in their lives.
What you will be doing:
- Architect and implement real time and batch systems that will leverage field and batch data to provide actionable insights to moms.
- Build and maintain data pipeline with various sources of truths in the company.
- Build and maintain business critical applications including Supply Chain information with partners.
- Work closely with Product and Data Scientist to understand business requirements and build the necessary foundational components.
- Conduct adhoc analysis and support a broad range of data users in the company.
- Work with the Engineering teams to educate/drive data input from product and improve overall data quality.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of Data Engineering experience required. Healthcare experience preferred. 10-15 years of total work experience expected.
- 2+ years of distributed systems experience.
- B.S. degree in computer science.
- Expert in using SQL & Python.
- Quick learner – has demonstrated experience implementing and learning new systems and languages (Python, C, Java etc) in the past.
- Independent thinker and owner of deliverables. Cherishes freedom to make your own decisions in alignment with customer needs and corporate goals.
- Likes to move quickly, learn and iterate towards the final goal.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, AWS or IBM Cloud to use/deploy analytics resources.
- Experience with developing software targeting Unix/Linux, Mac OS X or other POSIX environments.
- Experience with A/B testing is a big plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, data and software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Location – Mountain View preferred. Open to remote locations based on seniority.
Come, check out our awards for 2017