Date Posted: May 15, 2019
We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Logistics Director, you will be responsible for Willow’s logistics operations; including, international freight forwarding, distribution & fulfillment, supply planning, inventory management, and interactions with both third-party providers and our channels of distribution. You will manage both our internal DTC fulfilment operation and retail distribution.
The Logistics Director is responsible for finished product supply planning activities utilizing outsourced manufacturing sources in Asia and the USA, overall management of Willow’s 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) & freight forwarding network. You will collaborate with the senior leadership and finance team to establish and ensure appropriate inventory levels to ensure zero out of stock situations, high levels of customer service, and supply planning excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management and all aspects of Willow’s 3PL partnership and freight forwarding relationship; including ongoing business management, negotiations, reporting and issue management & resolution.
- Working with Marketing and Finance, establish and oversee 3PL service targets; including, order placement to fulfilment cycle time, order fill rates, inventory accuracy, customer returns, etc.
- Coordinates with Sales, Order Fulfillment, 3PL’s and the contract manufacturers to minimize backorders and maintain proper product inventory levels at all distribution centers to maximize product shipments and minimize out of stock situations.
- Responsible for developing channel expansion strategies for distribution and fulfillment; including understanding retail distribution requirements and representing Willow as the single point of contact for Logistics on all logistics matters.
- Responsible for supply plan development for the company. Oversee the translation of the forecast for Pump, Bag and Accessories into production requirements which support inventory needs and customer service requirement.
- Generates monthly schedule adherence reports, reports customer service trends and oversees corrective action initiatives in support of customer service SLA’s. Review and summarize monthly invoices from 3rd party partners.
- Continuously reviews the sales forecast, analyzes production plans and inventory reports, and business requirements for long lead time items to provide production guidance to the Manufacturer.
- Manage Willow’s reverse logistics process.
- Recommend and implement production and transportation actions when products are in out-of-stock or allocation situations.
- Supports new product introduction programs, working with Manufacturing and Sales & Marketing to maximize availability of new product while minimizing obsolete inventory and raw materials expense.
- Supervises department subordinates; including providing direction on priorities, setting objective, conducting annual reviews and providing daily leadership and guidance.
- Develops the annual Supply Planning and Distribution & Fulfilment Strategic Business Plan.
- Conducts quarterly and annual capacity and inventory analysis and report & present findings.
- Provide assistance/guidance to management/departments on matters related to Supply Chain.
- Promotes and maintains constructive interdepartmental and inter-company relationships.
- 12-15 years of experience in a supply planning, distribution & fulfilment, production planning/master scheduling role (preferably for a manufacturer of consumer products).
- BS/MS/MBA in Supply Chain, Engineering or Science.
- Experience with both DTC and traditional retail fulfillment, including Amazon.
- International outsourced manufacturing and business experience required (including Asia).
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems, databases and spreadsheets as required.
- Experience leading a logistics organization and managing third party providers.
- Experience with Shopify.
- Effective communicator and time manager.
- Motivated, results-oriented management style.